Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions and Answers:

Q: What is Certificate of Liability Insurance? Why do I need it? Where can I get it?

  • A: For any event at Wilderness Ranch, we require proof of a Certificate of Liability Insurance no later than 30 days prior to your arrival date.

  • Special event liability insurance protects you against losses stemming from personal injuries and property damage at your event. Medical payments, lawsuits, and property damages are a few of the most common costs which could be incurred during your event.

  • There are sites that specialize in this type of insurance. Please check out:

  • If you have scheduled an event with us, please send a copy of your Liability Insurance Certificate to

Q: What address can I use to find you via GPS?

  • Wilderness Ranch is located in Lakeside, Arizona - between Pinetop-Lakeside and Show Low. If you're using google maps, you can find us using this address: 368 Grizzly Bear Rd, Lakeside, AZ 85929. However, if you're using another GPS unit that is unable to find our address, you can use these coordinates: 34.201950, -109.915218. See our maps page for instructions on how to get here once you're in town.

Q: Are cooks and food included in any of your pricing?

  • No, you must provide your own cooks and food.

Q: Do you offer Wi-Fi to your guests?

  • We do not have internet available for guests at this time.

Q: What kind of weather can I expect at the Ranch?

  • You can see what the current weather is, as well as daily averages for the past few years on our Alerts page.

Q: What can I, or can't I bring to Wilderness Ranch?

Q: Can I bring my dog to Wilderness Ranch?

  • Yes, but you are fully responsible for them.

Group Camping specific F.A.Q.s:

Q: Do you only rent to large groups? What about a small family getaway?

  • Generally, we only rent to large groups of 50 individuals or more. However, we have made exceptions in the past if it wouldn't interfere with any scheduled groups.

Q: What type of groups do you rent to?

  • We would rent to any of (but not limited to) the following: boy scouts, girl scouts, youth camps, weddings, corporate events, church camps, family reunions, astronomy camps, etc.

Q: Do you have full hook ups for RV's and travel trailers?

  • Yes - some areas offer full hookups, while others offer only electricity and water. There are also a couple courtesy dump stations that can be used. (see map)

Q: What items will be provided by Wilderness Ranch?

  • Full use of Wilderness Ranch grounds, facilities, and sleeping quarters. (Sleeping quarters offer enough beds for 150 people. You are welcome to bring RVs, trailers, campers, and tents.)

  • Full use of kitchen

  • Pots, pans and cookie sheets are available (must be washed by hand)

  • A commercial dishwasher is available to wash the eating trays if you choose to use them.

  • Toilet Paper

  • Cleaning Products

  • Dish Soap

  • Hand Soap

Q: What items will NOT be provided by Wilderness Ranch?

  • Food

  • Cooks

  • Disposable Dishware

  • Utensils

  • Cups

  • Paper towels

  • Napkins

  • Heavy duty 50-55 gallon trash bags for the kitchen

  • 13 gallon trash bags for cabins and main house

  • Soap in showers, shampoo, conditioner, etc

  • Bedding in cabins

  • Towels

  • Hand Sanitizer

Wedding specific F.A.Q.s:

Coming Soon

Disc Golf specific F.A.Q.s:

Q: How can I get a Tee Time?

  • First check to see if the course open or not. Here's a schedule as to when the course will be closed to the public.

Q: What time of day is the course open?

  • From sun up to sun down.

Q: How much is it to pay?

  • $5.00 / Person

Q: How do I pay the fee?

  • Once you drive onto the Wilderness Ranch grounds, look for the Basketball Court on the left. The entrance to the 1st Tee is at the back of the basketball court. There is a lock box that you can slip money into.

Q: Can I rent Discs?

  • At this time, we do not offer any rentals on Disc Golf equipment.